Tuesday 4 March 2014

Current Skincare Routine


Recently I've been loving a bit of 'skin pampering' and giving my skin the love it deserves! Now before my love for skincare grew I used to use a cleanser (I tried out balm cleansers but they were a bit of a faff) toner, moisturiser and i'd use a scrub every other day. But oh boy that's changed! (A bit).

First the current cleanser i'm using is 'Visibly Clear' by Neutrogena, it's okay, it cleans my skin but i'm not in love with it, and the smell is a bit rank as it reminds me of pepto-bismol ew. I've used the Liz Earle Cleans & Polish before as I bought a sample size and loved it, so I might go back to that once this one is all used up! 
For a facial scrub I use good old St Ives 'Apricot Scrub' which is again, is okay, I have yet to find a really great scrub but this one does the job so i'm not too hasty in finding a new one.






After cleansing/scrubbing I tend to use a toner, the two i've been using recently have been the Botanics Rosewater toner, which is really fresh and hydrating and leaves the skin feeling really clean, it also comes in a rather large bottle, bonus! Another toner I like to use is the LUSH 'Breath of Fresh Air' toner, which again like the Rosewater one is really fresh and really helps get rid of any extra dirt, makeup or cleanser that has sneakily been left behind.


Now serums have been a fairly new adventure for me, but so far I am loving them, they really give your skin extra hydration, especially when applied before moisturiser. I bought a little sample kit of the Indeed Labs famous serums just to test out a few and see which one I like the best and then maybe buy the full size. So far i'm really like the rather well known Hydraluron, it really leaves my skin hydrated and moisturised at the same time. And can I just say, I love the packaging!!


Finally I finish it all off with some moisturiser, after seeing Amy's post about the Effaclar Duo + I new that I had to get it! Although I don't have massive problems with my skin, I am very prone to spots especially on my chin and forehead so I thought this might help reduce them and maybe even reduce the annoying 'left over spot marks where they just don't want to leave your face' kinda imperfections.


About once a week I like to use a face mask, and recently I used up the Soap & Glory 'No Clogs Allowed' face mask, which was lovely but I wanted to try something new! So in comes the Sanctuary 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask, and so far so good, it's really nice to use at the end of the week for a deep clean to get all that grub and grime out! yuck!






2 comments:

  1. What a lovely post! Thanks for the little mention, I hope you get on well with Effaclar Duo! :)
    I'm so tempted to give that Sanctuary mask, how did you find 'No Clogs Allowed?' My friend just bought it and it looks really interesting!
    I think I need to invest in some more toners too :)
    amyalaska
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay! :) so far i'm really liking it! I noticed a difference pretty much overnight, i've even managed to persuade my mum to get it!
      I loved the S&G mask, it was really really nice, not sure if I like the Sanctuary one more yet, i'll have to use it a bit more :) xx

      Delete