Wednesday 9 April 2014

My Top Five Hair Styling Products



Recently I've been a bit into keeping my hair looking tip top, so I've been using all of these products like crazy. Firstly I wash my hair with my L'Oreal 'Ever Riche' shampoo, mainly cause it's sulphate free so it isn't damaging my hair as much as a cheaper shampoo would, it also cleans my hair really nicely. I'll then follow up with whatever conditioner i'm using at the time, and then a bit of a Tresemme hair mask (only once a week I use the mask though). When my hair is damp and is drying I like to use the Aussie Miracle Hair Insurance, which is basically a leave in conditioner. I use this to detangle my hair and also give it even more moisture, as my hair is quite fine and is prone to dryness. 
Sometimes when i'm in a rush I like to just add a bit of texture to my hair, for this I use the Phil Smith 'Life's a Beach' Sea Salt spray, this adds a natural wave to the hair - although it is slightly drying it's still good to spray on if you're in a rush. For mornings when I take more time on my hair I do like to style it with heat (I tend to use heat on my hair only once or twice a week) for this I use the Remington Pearl Curling Wand, which is like a small conical wand and creates lovely loose waves! To protect my hair from the heat I like to use the almighty Tresemme Heat Defence spray, which I think works really nicely, I've been using this for about a month and so far I don't see any damage to my hair! Crazy!
To add volume to my hair (which damn, I need it) I really love the Percy & Reed Finishing Polish, I use a pea sized amount and rub it into the roots of my hair, it adds serious lift and volume and this little tube will last you for ages. To add volume but also on days where my hair is a bit greasy (curse you second day hair!) I've been loving the Dove dry shampoo, it's virtually invisible on my hair which is great as I hate that powdery white cast you get with some dry shampoos, and it's smells so pretty and fresh. 

1 comment:

  1. Dove dry shampoo is literally one of my favourite smells.. It's so light and pretty!
    I really neglect my hair product-wise, so I'll be referring back to this post when I'm next in Boots! ;) Thanks for these picks!
    - amyalaska x

    ReplyDelete